- Cut the wing tips from the wings. Reserve for another use (such as making stock) or discard. Cut through the joint between the remaining sections to separate each wing into 2 pieces.
- In a shallow, nonreactive dish, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ginger. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, turn to coat, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 500°F.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and discard the marinade. Sprinkle the chicken on all sides with the sesame seeds. Arrange the pieces in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken pieces, turning once, until crispy and browned on the outside and opaque throughout when tested with a knife, 10 to 14 minutes total.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 8.