- Stir the broth and vinegar into a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the onions, potatoes, carrots, beef and cabbage. Submerge the Bouquet Garni in the broth mixture.
- BOUQUET GARNI: Lay a 4-inch square of cheesecloth flat on the counter. Place the garlic cloves, pickling spice and bay leaves in the center of the cloth. Bring the corners of the cheesecloth together and tie with kitchen string into a bundle.
- TIME-SAVING: Or you may cook the recipe on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- FOR THICKER SAUCE: Remove the beef and vegetables from the cooker. Stir 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl until smooth. Add to the cooker and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes or until nixture boils and thickens.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Remove the Bouquet Garni.