- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- In another dish beat eggs.
- Dip chicken pieces into flour mixture, then eggs, and flour mixture again.
- Heat peanut oil in a saucepan and deep fry coated chicken for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In another medium saucepan heat broth to boiling. Add oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce and white pepper.
- Mix remaining 4 tablespoons cornstarch with a small amount of cold water in a cup. Stir cornstarch mixture slowly into broth mixture to thicken, cook for another 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Pour sauce over fried chicken and top with cashews and green onion.
- Serve with sauce to taste and steamed white rice or fried rice.
Calories 621, Carbohydrates 47g, Cholesterol 150mg, Fat 34g, Fat Calories 308, Fiber 2g, Protein 32g, Saturated Fat 6g, Sodium 1621mg. Daily Values: Calcium 43.51mg 4%, Phos 454.6mg 45%, Copper 0.78mg 39%, Zinc 2.85mg 19%, Panto 2.09mg 21%, Biotin 9.57mcg 3190%, Iodine 16.83mcg 11%, Magnesium 125.58mg 31%, Iron 4.46mg 25%, Vitamin B6 42%, Vitamin C 3%, Vitamin B12 7%, Vitamin D 6%, Vit E-a-Toco 9%, Vitamin A 4%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.