- FOR BAKED APPLES:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut 4 apples into 4 wedges. Scoop out of the middle with a small paring knife to leave room for the fried apple slices.
- Roll each wedge into a bowl of sugar.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Sprinkle each wedge with cinnamon and bake 15 minutes or until softened.
- Remove from oven.
- FOR FRIED APPLES:
- Wash, dry and slice 4 apples into 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat butter and bacon drippings in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add apple slices and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Continue cooking until apples are browned and caramelized
- Spoon on 2-3 apple slices onto a baked apple wedge and serve warm.
Calories 282, Carbohydrates 47g, Cholesterol 27mg, Fat 12g, Fat Calories 108, Fiber 4g, Protein 0.9g, Saturated Fat 7g, Sodium 45mg. Daily Values: Calcium 21.68mg 2%, Phos 34.8mg 3%, Copper 0.09mg 5%, Zinc 0.17mg 1%, Panto 0.22mg 2%, Biotin 3.17mcg 1057%, Magnesium 12.02mg 3%, Iron 0.25mg 1%, Vitamin B6 6%, Vitamin C 19%, Vitamin B12 0%, Vitamin D 2%, Vit E-a-Toco 1%, Vitamin A 8%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.