- Roll out pastry to a thickness of no more than 1/8 inch. Using a sharp paring knife, cut into 8 squares. Then cut each square into a triangle. Cut as many leaf shapes as possible from the pastry scraps, and use the back of a knife to make the vein markings. Keep the pastry chilled on parchment-lined or water-sprayed baking sheets until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Peel the apple but do not remove the stems. Core each piece of fruit carefully from the bottom to within 3/4 inch of the top; take care to leave the stems intact. Fill each fruit with some of the sugar-cinnamon mixture and dot with butter.
- Invert each apple onto the center of a triangle of pastry. Bring the edges of the pastry together, moisten them with water and pinch or press to seal. Garnish with dumplings as desired by pasting the leaves on with water. Place the fruits on a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill until ready to bake.
- Lightly brush each dumpling with glaze and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and nicely browned.
Calories 477, Carbohydrates 69g, Cholesterol 33mg, Fat 23g, Fat Calories 210, Fiber 5g, Protein 4g, Saturated Fat 10g, Sodium 302mg. Daily Values: Calcium 33.71mg 3%, Phos 46.67mg 5%, Copper 0.13mg 7%, Zinc 0.27mg 2%, Panto 0.2mg 2%, Biotin 3.7mcg 1233%, Iodine 1.99mcg 1%, Magnesium 17.83mg 4%, Iron 0.59mg 3%, Vitamin B6 6%, Vitamin C 14%, Vitamin B12 1%, Vitamin D 2%, Vit E-a-Toco 2%, Vitamin A 6%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.