- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter eight 4-inch, 1 1/4 cup-capacity individual soufflé dishes. Dust bottoms and sides lightly using 2 tablespoons sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together sweet potatoes, egg yolks (reserve whites), cream, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup maple syrup; beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until soft peaks form. Add one-quarter of the egg whites to the bowl with sweet potato mixture and gently fold in with a rubber spatula. Fold in the remaining egg whites until just incorporated.
- Arrange prepared soufflé dishes evenly spaced on a flat baking sheet. Fill each dish no more than two-thirds of the way up with sweet potato mixture and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat remaining 1 cup maple syrup over low heat.
- Serve soufflés immediately with warm maple syrup.
Calories 649, Carbohydrates 99g, Cholesterol 313mg, Fat 25g, Fat Calories 227, Fiber 3g, Protein 10g, Saturated Fat 14g, Sodium 146mg. Daily Values: Calcium 153.54mg 15%, Phos 177.54mg 18%, Copper 0.19mg 10%, Zinc 2.07mg 14%, Panto 1.44mg 14%, Biotin 13.89mcg 4630%, Iodine 41.33mcg 28%, Magnesium 33.92mg 8%, Iron 2.02mg 11%, Vitamin B6 9%, Vitamin C 13%, Vitamin B12 11%, Vitamin D 17%, Vit E-a-Toco 7%, Vitamin A 151%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.