- Preheat a waffle-cone maker according to the manufacturers instructions. Start with heat setting #3 and adjust as necessary, depending on the desired degree of brownness.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the sugar is incorporated and the eggs have lightened in color, about 1 minute. Add the flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Add the butter and milk and stir just until combined.
- Spoon a scant 1/4 cup batter onto the waffle-cone maker. Using a small offset spatula, spread the batter evenly over the surface. Close the lid and cook for at least 1 minute before lifting the lid to check for doneness. Continue cooking until the desired color is reached, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes total on heat setting #4.
- Quickly remove the waffle from the waffle-cone maker and shape it around the cone roller (included with the waffle-cone maker). Hold the cone for a few seconds to set its shape. Set the cone on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.