- Cook the rice with its seasonings packet according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook over low heat until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in half and half and chicken broth. Continue cooking and stirring constantly, until broth thickened.
- Stir in chicken, pimiento, parsley, almonds and cooked rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 425 degree F oven for 30 minutes.