Zucchini Fritters & Spicy Cabbage Slaw Sandwiches
- 2 zucchinis grated
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pickled peppers
- Spicy Cabbage Slaw Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage grated
- 1/3 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled peppers optional
- Wrap grated zucchini in a tea towel and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Mix all ingredients together to make a batter.
- Heat 1/4-inch oil in sauté pan until hot.
- Drop an ice-cream scoop full of batter into the hot oil and flatten slightly.
- Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Turn and fry until second side is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- For the Spicy Cabbage Slaw:
- Mix ranch dressing and chili sauce together
- Combine with cabbage and optional peppers
- Method for the Sandwiches:
- Fill a pita pocket or your favorite hoagie roll with 2 fritters
- Top with 1/4 of the spicy slaw